Sunday, November 13, 2005

Persecution Sunday

Howdy do and howdy day! What a wonderful Sunday this has been! Yes indeed! It was persecution sunday and so at church they were discussing persecution world wide and it was rather interesting. In Guinea among the Maninka there is a lot of persecution but it is not the normal stuff that everyone thinks of. It is more like being shunned and rejected and people just make life difficult but nothing physical (like beating people up or anything). Today I had a homemade rootbeer float with my pizza. I think they are just as good at home as at the store. So why bother paying 3 bucks at a restaurant for a rootbeer float when you can just pay 10 bucks for a 2 liter bottle of rootbeer and a half gallon of ice cream and have over twice as much? Yep much cheaper for more yummy sugar! Today I told mom that the best part of lunch (which was chicken stir fry with broccoli and all sorts on unidentified vegetables; blech!) was the bowl of white rice with butter and cinnamon sugar that I had after it! Yes it was delicious! I don't like broccoli. Though most people I meet seem to love it for some reason. My sister likes it for one reason. She likes it only because I dislike it. I remember the day she started liking it very clearly. Or maybe she is just trying to please my mom and dad but I doubt it. She decided she liked just to spite me I tell you! Sisters are always doing things like that. Just because you dislike something is reason enough for them to enjoy it immensely! I may think something dumb or dislike and my sister will immediately like it! Ahhhh! Ok so that is not always the case but hey, she can really make life annoying sometimes. She can be very annoying. So can I though. Life goes on and brother's and sister's bother eachother like usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home