Friday, October 28, 2005

Nasty Yard Work

Well today was spent cleaning my Dad's Mom's backyard. It was really nasty business. You see my Dad's sister can't really keep track of her money and always ends up living with Grandma again somehow. Anyway Grandma had to keep my Aunt's dog (a big dog) in her tiny backyard. My Aunt and her husband are very messy so not only did the big dog create a mess, they also created a mess. Now Dad had drafted my help because he was going to "winterfy" Grandma's porch. We ended up cleaning it. It was nasty. There was dog hair every where (fortunately the dog was gone; actually my Aunt had to have it put to sleep), and worst, dirty socks (I assume my Uncle's), blankets, a tent that was to be thrown away, and all sorts of junk. Really, really nasty stuff. Yuck! My Uncle isn't very tidy. Anyways Dad and I cleaned it all up, then we winterfied the back porch by nailing plastic tarp all around it except at the second back exit. It creates a greenhouse effect and then my Grandma keeps her plants there. We also raked the yard for Grandma. Yes my Uncle isn't that great. Still I try to get along with him. After all Jesus does love him.

All day though I just wanted to get back home so I could get on yahoo and chat! I had such a blast chatting with Guineagal yesterday! Today I got to chat with Katie though. Yes yes! We discussed the finer points of Star Wars literature for the most part. Heheh! What an interesting topic Star Wars is. Yes indeed! I have this one idea for a cool Jedi attack. Hehe! The Jedi could use it if facing multiple enemies from a distance, in a relatively confined space, where he needs to close with the enemy fast or die. The scene: a hallway, there are say half a dozen enemies armed with blasters at the end of the hallway. The Jedi throws his lightsaber down the hall guiding it with the force, the light would draw the eyes of the enemy, and simultaneously, to evade most of the opening shots, use the force to enhance his speed, and jump/run along one of the walls curving the lightsaber back towards him as he lands. He could even have it slice through the first two enemies, have it begin swinging at the third as he catches it. The whole attack would have to be instantaneous though. Otherwise the soldiers would shoot down the jedi. I have another idea. The Jedi just uses the force to jerk all the blasters to himself. Hehe! Much simpler. Not as cool though. Just not the same as running along a wall with blaster bolts flying past.

We watched "The Musketeer" tonight. For action fans I must recomment this movie. The second scene in the movie has an awesome fight. D'artagnan, the main character, walks into a tavern to get some breakfast and gets in a fight trying to protect a boy. He takes on about five enemies at once. At one point in this first fight he is balancing on a rolling barrel, uses his sword to jump into the rafters, and braces himself between two beams supporting the ceiling, while dodging thrusts from four men below. It was so cool! They do all these cool stunts and it all could almost be possible! That is the neat thing. Unlike those kung fu movies like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon where the fighters literally fly (they appear to be jumping but they are basically flying). Yep it was awesome! Plenty of fighting, lots of cool moves, and even a part where the main character is hanging from the bottom of a racing carriage like Indiana Jones! Hehe! It is a must see for anyone who enjoys creative action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home