Monday, October 17, 2005

College, Financial aid, Pictures and all that stuff.

Well today was busy for me. Uncle Dwayne and his wife left this morning and we went to get family pictures with my dad's side of the family. Almost nothing goes exactly right whenever my dad's relatives do a family event it seems. In this case we spent what seemed like ages just trying to get everyone in the picture. There were only nine of us but we were packed into this tiny studio and the camera was bolted down and so you couldn't really move it well so we kept having to retake because someone had their face cut off or some such thing. Then! When we finally did it Grandma decided it wasn't good enough! I was ready to accept whatever we got but now we have to do it all over again next week! AHHHHHHHHHHH! I hate family pictures! I always have a fake smile on and rarely get a good picture. Besides there is always something amiss no matter what side of the family we take them with. When I am an adult, you aren't going to find me saying "hey lets go to Walmart and have a family picture." Nope. If we need pictures we can take them ourselves. Well maybe once a year but that is just not very fun in my opinion. Not at all.

Then I came home and messed around on the internet, checked my blog, checked John's blog, and checked Kate's blog. The usual routine and all. Got to chat to some friends via google talk. Got to talk to John just now. Quite fun. Hehe you had better be going to sleep by now though John. It is only 10:30 here but 12:30 a.m. for you and you have Calculus to take. I am going to take Calculus this year too. If I ever get back to Africa that is. I love a good challenging class. Well I love completing challenging classes.

Then we went to a Christian college fair. They had tons of colleges and even though I am still a couple years from entering college, I need to start looking for scholarships and all that stuff. In Africa we don't have access to the resources needed to apply for scholarships and grants and all that stuff. Well it is harder to get access to those resources. I am still not entirely sure how we are going to do that. But my top three choices for a college are currently Seattle Pacific University, George Fox University, and Puget Sound Christian College. The three most interesting majors for me are Engineering, Christian Missions, and Business. I can be a Business Engineer Missionary when I grow up. Hehe! I wonder how many minors I can take. hmm. Maybe I can double major and double minor. That would be fun. And a lot of work. Still I could minor in French. You could get around most of Africa by simply being able to speak English and French. Have to use Chinese in Asia. I want to learn every major they have at all the colleges practically! It is so hard to choose a major. I still have a couple years though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmmmm, i gotta admit, i still have the same thing to say about the family pics. haven't got any more words of wisdom on the subject, and as for colledge, i'm not thinking about it. at all. i repete. not thinking about it. so, on with the entries

3:56 PM  
Blogger Jon the "Lord of the Onion Rings" said...

Really? You aren't going to go to college or you just haven't had the time or need to think about it? It will sneak up on you. Unless you don't want to go to college anyway.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home