Saturday, October 22, 2005

Back!

Hello folks! I am back! Yep I was gone for a few days but I was usually writing email but more likely hanging out with John in Tibia! Of course I kept dying in Tibia which is rather depressing (cause you lose all sorts of things) but that is ok. I can persevere. It is only a game.

I create these imaginary worlds and still play (believe it or not) imagination games etc. They always have fighting in them. That is a must in any story or game you play. Anyway usually when I am cutting down hoards of foes with my lightsaber, or cleaving through orc shields and helms with my sword named Brightblade, I will get so excited I'll go tell my dad about it. My dad always will listen to me and then he says something like, "Jonathan, orcs don't exist." I mean talk about ruining a guy's game! Right at your moment of glory, "Jonathan, lightsabers aren't real." Who wants to think logically? What is the fun in that? My dad seems to do that without fail quite frequently. It is sort of funny in a way. I will be holding my great sword in battle ranks and suddenly my dad will call to my attention that it is only a stick. hehe! I don't mind it too much. I tolerate it. STILL it does deflate the magnificence of the game. If you want an idea of what my imagination games are like go to this web site (www.randomstoryblog.blogspot.com) to see the story John and I have been creating. Well John hasn't started his part of the story yet. Unfortuneately to read it all in the proper order you have to read it backwards because of the way the blog lists all the postings but that is a minor problem. I have had someone tell me they really enjoyed. Hope you do too.

Now lets see...what to discuss...any of you Harry Potter fans out there? I have read the first five books so far and enjoyed them. I am not a rabid Harry Potter fan but I do find the books to be quite well written. I would recommend them for leisure reading. Just read them when you have lots of time on your hands. You could get sucked into the plot and swept away. We actually watched the Prisoner of Azkaban just half an hour ago. It was ok. I was rather disappointed with it somewhat. It failed to deliver the visual effects as well as the book can with my own imagination. I like to think I have a highly developed imagination too. I am creating a mythical world name Arania. It is slowly taking shape. Right now I am developing the Dwarves. They are pretty complicated. Like how they wear their hair. How is their leadership designed? Hmm...how did I ramble onto the topic of Arania? Oh well. No matter. That is what happens when I just start typing away. I jump from topic to topic as it enters my head.

Well good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Love your imagination! And when you get your book written (because you need to write one about Arania, I think it was called) make sure that I get to read it! I haven't read the story yet, but I am going to get around to it one of these days! I have a small imagination...it's like sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But in books I usually can picture what is going on. That is why Talon Karrde is SO much cooler in my imagination. :-) Here is the picture of him:http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/talonkarrde/
It should take you to a picture.
Enjoy! Oh, and that is actually a pretty cool site. You would enjoy the Community section. If you go to the captions, there's some really funny stuff. It's like when people took pictures during the making of the movies and members of the site write in funny captions. I can't do it, because I don't have a membership and it's pretty expensive, but even if you don't have a membership you can read it and they are really funny. One of my favorites was this teenager sitting on his bed with a Darth Vader mask on and he's shaking his finger at someone and one of the captions was, "These are NOT dolls, commander, they are "action figures". I'll see if I can find that one too for you.
Talk to you later!
Katie

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and if you just start highlighting that web address, it'll give you the whole thing; it just looks like you can't see all of it.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Jon the "Lord of the Onion Rings" said...

Cool! Thanks Katie! I will go check out that website! Books are great for developing the imagination. Just read lots and you already have a good imagination. Sure the author guides you but you are the one picturing it in your head. Hmm...I think I will go check your blog before I go look at Karrde.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey jonathan! finally i can comment on YOUR blogs. funfunfun. i shall reek havok w/ my keyboard. mwhahahaha. ok, glad thats over w/. now down to buisiness. i am so far enjoying all that you have written, and shall, i'm sure, continue to do so. byebye!

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, and by the way, that was by caitlin. yes it was, if you couldn't tell from the amazingly eloquent writing style. :D

3:44 PM  
Blogger Jon the "Lord of the Onion Rings" said...

Amazing! I didn't expect this! Well glad to be the one to be honored with Caitlin's eloquent words. Heheheh! Yay! So happy! You have a great evil laugh too. :)

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home